Color Theory Review Bundle
Three Lesson Course
The Color Theory Review Course will make your more proficient in the basic principles that are the backbone of your career. By the end of it, you should be on your way to having the knowledge and confidence to formulate quickly, accurately, and consistently every time.
This Three Lesson Bundle includes:
- Lesson One: Using the Color Wheel, 1 Video Lesson (28 min) and 1 workbook
- Lesson Two: Hair Structure and pH Scale, 1 Video Lesson (31 min) and 1 workbook
- Lesson Three: Underlying Pigment, 1 Video Lesson (12 min) and 1 workbook
- Bonus: Salon Exercises
Here are few things to look forward to:
- Defining important parts of the hair structure
- What role do the cuticle & cortex play in haircolor
- Why the pH Scale is important to us
- Why I don't shampoo before toner
- Why haircolor should be applied to damp hair
- Can hair actually "get used" to a shampoo?
- Why hair color fades brassy (and how to avoid that)
- Why a lightened level 10 is still yellow
- The Two Types of Melanin
- What "Brassy" Really Means
- The Level System
- How I think about Underlying Pigment
- What Opposing Colors Do
- Skin Tone vs the Undertone of Skin
- Complimenting the Undertone of the Skin
- Classic Cues for Formulating
- How the Color Wheel Makes Toning Blondes Simple
Since this is the most basic course in the whole curriculum, this one also includes a very valuable bonus topic regarding two important things about wasting color:
- How easy it is for a salon to waste $31,000 in color every year
- The quickest and smartest way to avoid that mistake.
My biggest piece of advice is to watch the lessons first, then watch them again while answering the workbook questions. It's important that you actually understand your answers so you can remember these lessons while working behind the chair.
*Single Lessons are available for purchase if you just need a refresher.
15+ year beauty industry veteran, specializing in advanced color techniques behind the chair, training new stylists in color theory, and the creator of this on-demand post-beauty school education platform. To read her blog, click here.
StartVIDEO LECTURE • Color Theory Review Lesson One • Using the Color Wheel (27:32)
StartVIDEO LECTURE • Color Theory Review Lesson Two • Hair Structure & pH Scale (30:07)
StartVIDEO LECTURE • Color Theory Review Lesson Three • Underlying Pigment (11:48)
StartWORKBOOK • Color Theory Review
StartSALON EXERCISES • Color Theory Review